Monday, August 3, 2009

Fat Families, Thin Families


I recently read Fat Families, Thin Families by Amy Hendel R-PA (I don't know what that means, since she's not a Republican from Pennsylvania). I quite enjoyed it, although the first half was better than the second half. She wrote about ways families can become healthier. Although she used gender neutral terms it was obviously directed towards women. She really focused on how one shouldn't blame excess weight on genetics which I really liked and it was also very well rounded... no off-limits food etc. She had her Yes, No, Maybe So foods. It was a bit to 'programmy' for me. But I thought she made some excellent level-headed points so I would recommend it.

I crunched the numbers and to reach 199 by September 6th I am going to have to be aggressive. I have to lose a little over 2 pounds a week. So I have made myself a chart of where I should be each day, and am being very strict with myself. I am optimistic that I can still reach it.

1 comment:

Name goes here said...

Registered Physician Assistant?
Or maybe Republican Party of Armenia.