Monday, August 24, 2009

Progressing again

I am finally losing again after that frustrating period of gaining back 5 - 6 pounds. I have a hypothesis about that. I had to increase my salt intake to raise my low blood pressure. I think the salt was making me retain water. When that leveled off, I started seeing the change on the scale again. So I am back at 209 (which means I've lost 90 pounds!). Short of losing a limb, I won't hit 199 by September 6th, but I am still going to try to get as close as I can.

I did pass a nice milestone last week. I was on vacation and we went to the local factory stores. We went into Ann Taylor, and I was able to fit into a really cute shirt. It was the first time I was able to buy something at a "normal" store (i.e. a store with no plus-sized section) since I don't know when. It's probably been since high school.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your successes so far, Laura!! Do keep all your limbs connected. You'll get where you want to be soon. :)