Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Self-Destruction

When I started losing weight I wanted to make sure that I did it healthfully. I wanted to do it right so I could lose it right and keep it off. 

About 2 weeks ago I fainted at the gym (so fucking embarrassing, now I'll always be the girl who fainted). I was out cold! I think it was a combination of dehydration from a 12 mile hike the previous day and forgetting to eat breakfast that morning. So it got me thinking about the other unhealthy things I may be doing.

I didn't eat before my workout about once a week. I've read conflicting things about whether or not one should eat before working out. It didn't seem to make a difference if I ate or not. I could still do the same intensity if I didn't eat and it doesn't seem to effect my weight loss if I do. I am going to continue with the glass of milk and a piece of fruit. It seems to make the most sense and I've been losing - so no arguing with success. 

Something else I've done is worked out more than once a day. I know that this can actually be detrimental to my quest, but sometimes it hard to channel all of the excess energy I have. I try to take a long walk or clean house (I think my sisters prefer it when I clean).

This last item is the worst and I've been debating if I actually wanted to blog about it, but what the hell. A few years ago I lost about 30 pounds with Weight Watchers. Once, the night before a weigh-in I was particularly dreading, I took a laxative. Luckily, it didn't make a difference on the scale. Sometimes I wonder if I had seen results if I would have done it again. I hope not, I felt pretty stupid afterwards.

On the whole I really think I am doing this right - but sometimes the desire to see a change in scale can really fuck with your head.

Now I just need to go purge that entire chocolate cake I just ate :-)

 

No comments: