Friday, December 26, 2008

A Rules Girl

Now that I am less than a week away from starting Phase 2 of my weight loss. I need to figure out what rules to add. 

My current rules are:

1. Go to the gym 4 - 5 times a week.
2. Only buying a new garment when I have to rid of one because it doesn't fit anymore.
3. Only eating ice cream and fried foods once a week.

4. Drinking 2 glasses a milk a day.

I have excelled at all of them but the milk one. I generally had one, but I find it hard to drink two. 

I haven't quite decided what new rules I am going to add.  I was thinking about adding drinking the RDA of water. Other than that I'm not quite sure, but I am open to suggestions.

In other news, I have survived Xmas and all of the goodies associated with it.  As I have mentioned, while maintaining I can go two pounds above 261 and two pounds below. In preparation for the holiday, I cheated and got to 257. I was a bit surprised since I was sick and didn't go to the gym for four days before December 23rd. I think my metabolism is running hot. It was nice to indulge and I was a bit afraid of getting on the scale this morning, but I didn't end up needing the 2 extra pounds. I would've stayed in "the zone" anyway. 

Regardless, I plan on enjoying my remaining days of maintaining.


3 comments:

J. Durden said...

I would really recommend drinking the water. You can even drink more water than is recommended because that amount doesn't factor in rigorous exercise.

Trust me on the water - I used to HATE drinking it, but since I've been in the Corps I've noticed it makes a HUGE difference. I've heard it helps maintain your appetite (I've never been a huge eater, so I can't personally vouch), but aside from that you generally just feel better, more energetic, healthier and what have you. It'll also make your exercising more bearable if you are properly hydrated.

So drink water!

Laura said...

Thanks for the input. Although I don't hate drinking water, I have found that now that I am exercising regularly I drink and crave water more. But I still don't drink enough.

Michaele said...

I agree about the water- a nutritionist once told me that if the only thing you change in your diet is that you drink 8-10 glasses of water a day you'll loss 10 pounds in a year.