Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Deadline

So yesterday was my deadline for losing the first 10%. I've known for last two weeks that it was no longer a matter at hitting my goal but, how much I was going to miss it by.

Now the numbers are in:

One Pound! One lousy fucking pound. I missed my goal by one measly stupid little pound. I am so angry at myself (but also proud) but also angry (but also proud). 

So now the name of the game is maintain. I decided that when I hit the deadline, I would maintain that weight for month. I didn't plan it this way, but I'm glad I don't have to try and lose in December.  It's probably for the best.

Of course weight fluctuates a bit, so I am not allowed to gain or lose more than two pounds.

Then come January 1st, the next 10% is coming off. Even though I could not be more trite in starting a weight loss regimen on New Year's Day. Forgive me, it is a coincidence.

Did I mention... one pound? Sheesh.
 

1 comment: