Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Convincing myself

This morning I made plans to go to the gym tonight. I packed my gym clothes, picked out a new gym book, and put it all in the trunk of my car. But when I got off work 14 hours later, I did not want to go to the gym. I wanted to go home. I really did not want to drag my sorry ass to the gym. So I started to try and convince myself. I gave myself the whole, "You never regret going to the gym, but you always regret not going". And, "You have to lose 13 pounds in a month to hit your goal".  And, "Go while you have the opportunity, you may not get a chance tomorrow". 

I went to the gym and do you want to know the argument that finally worked on me?

I had packed my Vote Obama shirt and I thought to myself, "This will be the last time I can wear it and still be relevant." 

That's what did it. What does that say about me and my commitment to working out?

Here's me in my shirt:





2 comments:

Michaele said...

Sexy and smart- you've got it all!

J. Durden said...

How's the journey been coming?

I find it hard to go to the gym every night with Bowe sometimes (he's really good at putting the pain in and around my body) but the more you go the easier it is to keep going. Just stay at it.