Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mini-Goal

Today I was supposed to hit my mini-goal of 215 and missed it by a pound and half. I am glad I am making progress but I really tried to hit that goal. It's all so discouraging. 

That is quite enough of feeling sorry for myself, I guess I need to set a new goal. My new goal is to get to 208 by the end of July. 

I am happy to report that the phenomenon I've been experiencing since February seems to have subsided.  Just to recap I was finding myself discouraged after I lost about 50 pounds. I was frustrated to have lost so much weight and still be obese. Granted I wasn't morbidly obese anymore, but I was (and still am) obese. Since I hit the half way point that has gotten better. I was a very odd feeling. I have never read or heard of anyone else going through it. But then again, most of the books out there seem to be directed at the overweight - not the obese. I still have 35 more pounds until am considered overweight. If I lost exactly 100 more pounds I would barely be considered underweight - but that's not going to happen.

208... here I come!

1 comment:

J. Durden said...

Don't give up! You've been making amazing progress. If you miss by a pound here or there, it's nothing to beat yourself up over.

Besides, losing TOO much weight TOO quickly can be dangerous too.