Monday, December 21, 2009

Making it through the Holidays

It's almost Christmas, which I know is going to be a challenge. It's hard to balance the desire to maintain/lose this week with the desire to enjoy the holidays and all the delicious things that go along with it. It doesn't help that I am dealing with the dual frustration an abbreviated and interrupted work-out schedule.

It's abbreviated because I've had to go easy on my work-outs since I fainted for no apparent reason at the gym last week. I haven't wanted to overdo it, in case that was the reason.

It's interrupted because those bastards at 24-Hour Fitness want to be with their families at Christmas. Between their holiday schedule and my crazy work schedule I won't be able to go to the gym Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. I'm going to have to find other ways to burn calories, I guess.

It's not the end of the world and it won't kill me to integrate other work-out methods into my routine. But I am a creature of habit and like my regimen.

I think I'm just being crazy and the anticipation is worse than it actually will be. I think I need to give myself more credit.

Truth be told, I am doing quite well. I'm at 191 so I only have 12 more pounds to lose by February 14th. Or as it amuses to say it, "My goal is to be overweight by Valentine's Day."

No comments: