Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Biggest Loser

This is the first season I watched The Biggest Loser. I suppose since I watched the whole season I can say I like it (not love it). In fact, the con list might be longer than the pro list. Let's see shall we?

LIKES:
  1. I like the exertion challenges. I like seeing the contestants find what they are physically capable of.
  2. I like the weigh-ins
  3. I like the gym sequences
  4. I like Bob
  5. I like seeing them succeed at losing weight
  6. I like the before and after photos

DISLIKES:
  1. I dislike all of the product placement and staged conversations about the sponsors
  2. I dislike all the angst-ridden decisions about who they are going to vote for
  3. I dislike Jillian's therapy talk (or as she is known on the forums, Dr. Phil-lian) - shut up already!
  4. I dislike their dismay at 'only losing 5 pounds'. It's 5 pounds less, be happy!

I suppose the bottom line is that I wouldn't watch The Biggest Loser if I didn't have a DVR. I can't watch it without fast-forward. But since I have DVR, I guess I'll watch the next season

No comments: