Friday, November 6, 2009

Vindication!

Many of the diet and heath books I have read (with one exception) have a similar comment. They all say that you shouldn't weigh yourself very much when you're trying to lose weight. Some have said once a week, some have said once a month, one even said never.

I've never followed that. I like to weigh myself every day. OK, I weigh myself a compulsive three times a day. I do it when I wake up, after my workout, and just before I go to bed. The one that 'counts' is the after workout weight.

I do it because I like to know what's going on. I like to see the rewards and consequences right away. I think that it keeps me more in touch with my intake and helps me squelch possible binges if I know that I am going to have to hop on the scale that night. And I have been vindicated!

The University of Minnesota did a study that showed that people who are trying to either lose or maintain their weight do better if they weigh themselves daily. Here is the link.

I love being right.


No comments: