Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Skinny Bitch


I recently read Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin.  Going in I knew one of the authors was into holistic nutrition, so I really have no one to blame but myself. It was truly fucking terrible. As Julie Klausner says in her review of the book, "It is a PETA pamphlet in chick-lit clothing." It was not about eating healthily - it's about why you should be a vegan. As a vegetarian, these are the people who give us a bad name. It is full of sanctimonious bull-shit.

Some of their advice on losing weight is to fast. Seriously - fasting. They also say to give blood. Seriously - blood. It was ridiculous and insulting.

I would recommend reading the review in Salon that I quoted above. She is able to describe it much more eloquently. 

Here's the link.

I'm just maintaining right now, so there's not much to relate on the whole losing issue. I do enjoy maintaining... there's ice cream.
 



 

1 comment: