Thursday, April 30, 2009

Characters

Since I work-out everyday (almost) I see the many of the same people there. 

For your reading pleasure I am going to classify a few of them:

THE BFF's
The BFF's talk. They talk and talk and talk. On the weight machines they talk. On the cardio machines they talk. In the pool they talk. In the locker room they talk. They never shut the fuck up. The worst part of it is the inanity. They never talk about anything interesting. If they are going to blab for 45 minutes loud enough for me to hear through my ear buds, they should at least gossip about something salacious or scandalous - not about everything they ate in the last week.  Can you tell the BFF's annoy me?

CHATTY CATHY:
The Chatty Cathy's (CC) don't really annoy me (which is ironic considering the rant above). I rarely see the CC working out. He (the main CC at my gym is a guy) is always striking up a conversation with someone. He does a 2 minutes on a machine and then 15 minutes talking to someone - usually about sports. It's his time, I guess, but it doesn't seem very efficient. The CC perplexes me.

THE TODD:
The Todd at my gym is a trainer. He reminds me of the character of (you guessed it) The Todd from Scrubs. He doesn't seems too bright, but is very enthusiastic. He's excited about lunges, he's ebullient about stretches, he's over-the-moon about arm curls. So far I've only seen him do 'regular fives' but it's only a matter of time. The Todd amuses me.

THE PEOPLE-WATCHER
That's me


No comments: