Thursday, January 27, 2011

Apples and Pears


I recently read Apples and Pears by Dr. Marie Savard. Basically, she posits that your waist to hip ratio can determine what diseases and conditions a person (well woman, it is just geared to women) is more prone to develop. She also thinks that women should adapt their diet strategy to the body shape to increase their chances of dieting success. I thought it was interesting, and I would the like to see the science behind it expanded. She quoted some interesting studies, but it didn't seem like body shape was the primary focus of the studies. Also, the diet advice was very slim. It's not like it was bad advice, but it was a lot of common knowledge stuff.

On a personal note, sorry I've been neglecting my blog. It's disheartening to post when there is no good news. I'm just stagnating in the mid 180's. It's frustrating to not move down. I'm making some changes. I'm off sweets again and I can't eat the popcorn at work. I've also increased my strength training and reduced my cardio from an hour to 45 minutes; from what I've read that can help get break through a plateau.

I hope to post again soon with good news!

No comments: