Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Portion Teller


I recently read The Portion Teller by Lisa Young.  She posits that it is easier to manage portion sizes when you can handily compare them to common items. I suppose that is true, but sometimes her examples are convoluted, especially when she combines them and uses fractions. Like a deck of cards and half a walnut or the palm of your hand and three jacks. It made it needlessly complicated. It also seemed like many of her terms should have a TM in super script. Like SmartBets, that is a bit too programmy for my taste. 

However I did like some of the things she said. Like, 'no one ever got fat from eating too many carrots" and she espoused that nothing is off-limits, just how much. 

So it was basically OK, but it didn't blow my mind. 

The loss is going slowly but surely (more slowly than I'd like, truth be told), but I'm just keeping my eye on the goal.

No comments: