Thursday, February 19, 2009

Updates

I realize I haven't posted in a while. Things are going well.

So as many of you know I made it through the vacation triumphantly. I was able to maintain my weight without going to the gym and allowing myself some treats. I thought that was pretty fucking awesome.

I mentioned in October that one of the milestones I was looking forward to was fitting comfortably in an airline seat. In the past I could just barely fit the seat belt around me. During this trip I was able to fit it and still have about 2 inches, but I don't know if I could say that I fit comfortably, but it was still nice.

I also ruthlessly went through my closet. I got rid of my current summer clothes, (which I decided to keep through the vacation). I also got rid of all of my 3x clothes. I will never need them again - there is no going back!

Although I am trying to be positive, it is still slightly discouraging to have lost 50+ pounds and still be so obese. Sometimes it seems impossible, but I'm not going to give up. I don't know what characteristic is more valuable in losing weight - willpower or patience. 

But, back to being positive, I am halfway though this cycle. If I keep up this way I will lose the 10% weeks ahead of schedule. I also thinks that's fucking awesome and should stop complaining.

 

1 comment:

J. Durden said...

Maintaining a positive attitude is a huge deal. While I haven't had to go through weight loss, I have had a really rough time increasing my upper body strength. The Marine Corps physical fitness test requires male marines to perform 20 dead hang pull ups to max out that portion of the test. I enlisted doing 0 and it's taken me nearly two years to get 6 pull ups routinely.

I got up to 8 at one point but was discouraged that I hadn't broken double digits when somebody who enlisted at the same time and had the same struggle got 12. I stopped working as hard and crashed back down to 4.

Gotta maintain that positive attitude and keep working towards your goals. (I WANT 20 DAMN IT)